- Responsible for the overall execution of the Capital Plan (including scope, contract strategy, resource requirements, communications plans, safety and quality management, risk management, budget and schedule management) for the Ireland area sites.
- Provide technical leadership as required across all three Irish plants required to deliver the key site initiatives.
- Manage site project engineering resources required to deliver the engineering agenda.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering the engineering and procurement standards, including technical and commercial aspects, supplier relationships and performance management of key capital programs.
- Responsible for identifying and resourcing the capabilities needed to deliver technically complex solutions.
- Responsible for the safe execution, the budget and the schedule of the capital program.
- Identify and develop strategic supplier relationships to support effective management of global and local capital requirements.
- Develop and leverage best practices from other company divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation and construction management.
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programmes ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation.
- Lead the interface and communication with individual plants to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering (or other equivalent engineering experience).
- Several years process industry experience in engineering with extensive capital project management experience particularly in the management of a multi-disciplinary portfolio of complex projects.
- Experience with process plant technical standards.
- Project concept development experience.
- Business case and capital approval experience.
- Design, Procurement and Installation experience.
- Construction, Commissioning and Validation experience.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety management.
- Contractor and Construction Management experience.
- Project risk management/ Schedule and cost control/Change Management.
- Ability to define and lead projects and direct/motivate project teams.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to work at all levels in an international organization.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.