- A new opportunity has arisen for the role of an experienced Automation Engineer at our client’s state-of-the-art pharmaceutical site in Co. Kildare
- This is a challenging position, where you will work as an Automation Engineer within a dynamic team responsible for the support of stimulating automated systems and technologies on site.
- The successful candidate will work closely with process & equipment engineers in specifying and implementing automation changes\fixes\improvement projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of personnel, (external or internal) as part of the execution of equipment or facility modification or expansion projects.
- Design, develop and test software code in accordance with site coding standards and following good engineering practice.
- Implement software and systems changes on the automation systems under change management processes.
- Provide technical support to partners within Engineering and Operations for automated systems during the life cycle of the equipment.
- Manage the specification, contract negotiation, purchasing, development and installation of projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Participate in the development of the Automated System Life cycle documents.
- Working on site Automation Systems and continuous improvement initiatives using 6 Sigma methodologies.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Appropriate Engineering Qualification (preferably B.Sc.\ B.E. degree in engineering, with particular emphasis in Electrical\Electronics, Automation\Mechatronics, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science).
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing automation projects including external vendor management.
- Detailed knowledge of automation system architectures.
- Experience supporting DCS, PLC, SCADA and HMI systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Coding\development\troubleshooting experience with distributed control systems (DCS) or programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
- Strong knowledge of the GAMP guidelines applicable to computer system validation.
- Green Belt certification is an advantage.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Service orientated, delivery focused and can build rapport with key members of the Operations and Engineering teams.
- Support investigations with automation subject matter expertise.
To Apply: Quote – PE21113
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.