- This position will be part of the Automation / IT Team and be responsible for the Design, Maintenance and management of all Automation systems onsite.
- The Automation Engineer reports to the Automation / IT Manager.
- The candidate will have knowledge and proficiency in the use of statistical analysis tools, continuous improvement methodologies, problem solving and applied engineering relating to control systems.
- Process improvement work to ensure operational and engineering targets are achieved in relation to output, quality, cost, and yield.
- Project Management of small to medium sized site-specific projects through conception, approval, planning, execution, and validation in all parts of the plant including Production and Packaging, Utilities, and Warehouse.
- Ownership of issues in the operation control system field.
- Set up of specifications and standard procedures to align with industry standards.
- Anticipating, solving or escalating problems as appropriate.
- All design reviews associated with equipment purchases.
- Troubleshooting of performance trends.
- Risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance.
- The development and execution of FAT, SAT and IOQ protocols in Ireland and abroad.
- Representing manufacturing on site-based teams involved in implementing new technology, products or business processes to the site.
- Continuous improvement programs and all performance improvement projects.
- Reviewing and approval of changes to operating procedures and the change control process relating to the system.
- Designing, executing, implementing and directing engineering or process projects which significantly contribute to attaining high system performance.
- Working in a collaborative manner within the Process Teams structure and contributes to investigations, NC and CAPA closure.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant experience in engineering in biotech/pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development, manufacturing, clinical manufacturing
- Significant experience in executing engineering projects
- Strong experience in cGMP maintenance, operations or engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong control system and automation skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and perform code changes on Siemens PLC and Rockwell PCS.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100