- Our clients is looking for an Automation Engineer (Shift) is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of planned and unplanned maintenance of Operational Technology (including automation systems, PLC/HMI/SCADA programs, hardware failures and computer systems administration activities).
- The Automation Shift Engineer will be responsible for all front-line activities associated with the continued operation of all automation operational technology.
- The Shift Engineer will be expected to support the process equipment in all aspects in maintaining validate automation systems.
- The Shift Engineer will be responsible for undertaking all initial fault diagnostics and when necessary to coordinate the required support to ensure a swift and effective resolution is achieved for all issues. The Shift Engineer will use formal trouble shooting techniques to minimise production down-time.
- The emphasis will be on execution of the Preventive Maintenance program and diagnosis and resolution of equipment issues to support production.
- The candidate will, when directed, complete all maintenance routines or oversee the completion of maintenance routines by third party suppliers.
- The Shift Engineer will comply with all site policies and procedures. He/she will integrate with his/her team members within both the engineering and manufacturing organisations.
- The candidate will work with production/operations to resolve corrective or planned maintenance.
- The candidate will be able to develop and operate a Planned Maintenance Management System in a cGMP environment and Work and direct, where necessary, a multi-skilled maintenance team.
- They will apply continuous improvements to their work and efficiency and will work in a self-directed team environment.
- This is a shift position.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will provide front-line support to production/engineering for site automation (operational technology) systems.
- You will be responsible for undertaking all initial fault diagnostics and to coordinate support services to ensure a swift and effective resolution of all issues.
- You will be responsible for trouble shooting to minimise production down-time.
- Provide support in trouble shooting production process issues, using your ability to interpret and transpose/translate automation program environments.
- Perform servicing of operational technology technical equipment, including process automation systems, computer networks, servers, PC’s, HMI’s, control hardware and automation applications.
- Must be willing to take on and familiarize with all relevant operational technology as deemed necessary to complete the role.
- To work and function in a team environment operating 24/7
- To carry out planned preventative maintenance on all equipment and operational technology under control of automation engineering as per CMMS system.
- Perform systems administration tasks including user access controls, data archive, configuration backups.
- Aide the coaching of operators and maintenance Engineering Technicians in the effective use of the control systems in the trouble shooting process.
- To execute change controls for continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and GMP, and ensure compliance with the 5S (Sorting, Simplify, Sweep, Standardise, Sustain) during maintenance work
- Flexibility is important, and the Automation Shift Engineer is expected to work across the whole plant during a shift.
- Liaising with production and wider engineers’ team to identify and solve problems
- Ensure any training deemed necessary by your line manager is completed within the agreed timeframe
- Provide relevant information to assist with the generation of reports
- Always ensure compliance with Health and Safety and legislative and cGMP requirements.
- Ensure that all work carried out in compliance with all current regulations
- Report of any accident, incidents and out of place findings to the client / line manager
- Provide cover to the site for out of hours situations on a rotational basis. Rotation to be determined by the company and is subject to change.
- You may be asked to work overtime to cover out of hours work as determined by the Supervisor / client.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Level 7 Degree or Level 6 Higher/Advance Cert in a Senior Trades in Electrical/Mechanical and having industrial automation experience.
- Experience in the following areas, – Hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC’s, Automation, Computer systems, operating systems (servers and PC’s), networks.
- Formal training / certification in any of the above would be advantageous
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a regulated environment.
- The successful candidate will have good numerical skills and fluent English.
- Ability to understand specification drawings and working from same
- Ability to understand and interpret and transpose/translate automation program environments.
- Good decision maker
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible work attitude having an ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote a good team working environment and be a team player demonstrating flexibility
- Act responsibly to the natural environment and society, committed to ethical principles, fair business conduct, support diversity, promote Health and Safety.
- Candidates should only apply if they are available to work a Shift Rotate.
- 2 Cycle shift Rota (7am to 3pm/ 3pm to 11pm) (M-F).
- Participate in an out of hour On call rota, out of hours after 11pm and on weekends.
- Work requires on-site presence.
- Based on business need in exceptional cases you may be required to work out of hours.
- During annual site shut downs you will be expected to work longer hours to support scheduled manufacturing shutdown.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.