- A role is available for Automation Engineer with 5 + years.
- You will contribute to the High Performance culture within the Automation team, providing a flexible, accurate service to enable the department to achieve our Manufacturing Division key priorities.
- You will be an active member of the Automation and Engineering team providing support, guidance and expertise.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Site Maintenance Managers, Planners, and API Maintenance & Reliability Lead on updates to the SAP PM system.
- Development of Process Control Applications on DCS, PLC and BMS platforms
- Identify, evaluate & implement opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide day to day support to Operating Areas for Automation components of the process
- Proactively resolve technical issues before they impact the business priorities
- Support the smooth running of the site value stream and supply by delivering a world-class Automation service.
- Ensure adherence with standards, following business processes in the execution and support of Automation systems
- Comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
- Work collaboratively to drive a safe and compliant culture Core Competencies Technical:
- Computer System Development Lifecycle
- DCS Systems
- PLC – Siemens TIA Portal, Siemens S7, Allen Bradley
- SCADA – Siemens WinCC, Wonderware, Allen Bradley Factorytalk
- Data Historians
- BMS Systems – Siemens Desigo
- Control System/Shopfloor Integration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job related computer applications required
- System Virtualisation
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A 3rd level qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline or demonstrated equivalent maintenance experience.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of colleagues in a team environment
- Self motivated
- Flexible approach
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Starter, finisher
- Trouble shooting skills
- Goal/results orientated
- Problem solving skills
- Degree Qualification ideally in a related Automation, Engineering, Computer or other Technical Discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to work at all levels in an international organization.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, R95 F727.
+353 56 779 0100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.