- Support the construction management and qualification of an ongoing project.
- The project involves upgrades and installation of new equipment associated with an existing API facility.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the interfacing of new Automation equipment with existing site systems.
- Installing and placing new/upgraded equipment into operations.
- Develops solutions for automation problems.
- Coordinate and participate in the design, construction and commissioning on the project.
- Liaise with the clients and internal engineering departments.
- Work closely with the Automation equipment vendors to ensure deliverables meet project requirements.
- Ensuring accuracy and format of information being supplied by engineering houses and equipment suppliers.
- Responsible for creating functional requirement specifications and the detailed design specifications.
- Participate in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs to ensure requirements and standards are met.
- Attend and participate in client, project and department meetings.
- Should be commercially aware on project execution, control of budgets, manhours and change control.
- Participation in audits, quality monitoring inspections and self-inspections as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum qualification B.Sc. or M.Sc./ M.Eng Degree in Automation Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Siemens Automation Controls systems essential.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Advanced material and problem-solving ability
- PC literate with excellent knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programmes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.