- A vacancy has arisen for the role of an Automation Engineer at our client’s busy pharmaceutical site in Co. Carlow.
- Reporting to the site AIT OEM Lead, specifically responsible for OEM Systems.
- This candidate will be required to work closely with the site AIT teams responsible for the full Automation and IT scope and with vendors / partners with responsibility for delivery of systems.
- This role will require shift working.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and/or review SDLC deliverables, compliant with site standards, including but not limited to:
- Requirements Specifications
- Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Functional Specification
- Design Specification
- Code Review
- Test specification/test script
- Work closely with vendors of OEM equipment to ensure deliverables meet project requirements, including the interfacing of new OEM equipment with existing site systems, incl. MES and Pi Historian.
- Work closely with the computer system validation (CSV) and quality functions and ensure their requirements are met in all deliverables.
- Participate in Hardware and Software FATs and SATs.
- Provide input to the development of project schedules and document trackers.
- Participate in, and support, relevant project meetings.
- Liaise with stakeholders on the overall project to ensure clear communication between all parties.
- Required to comply with Global Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, regulatory requirements and execute current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the performance of day to day activities and all applicable job functions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong experience in one or all of the following systems: Siemens PLCs, HMIs and Historian Software.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Usual place of work will be on site in Co. Carlow, Ireland. The successful candidate may sometimes be required to attend meetings at other sites, or off-site vendor offices.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of the following Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.