- A new opportunity has arisen for a Chemical Engineer at our client’s pharmaceutical site in Co. Tipperary.
- The successful candidate will provide technical support for production across various API facilities on site. These are exciting and challenging opportunities to work on multiple projects, ranging from manufacturing support activities, to late-stage clinical product development and scale-up, new product introductions and technology transfers.
- You will work with the API technical group along with a high performing team of engineers and chemists to develop a deep understanding of the processes, to optimise, troubleshoot and develop processes in line with the business strategy to ensure the highest quality of product is manufactured in the API facilities.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct ownership of manufacturing process equipment and supply product processes.
- Process and equipment optimisation in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput. Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields and quality of product.
- Interfacing with new product development groups to integrate new products into the Co. Tipperary facility either as new process development entities or as product transfer from another manufacturing facility. Supporting migration of process knowledge for product technical transfers from facility.
- Execution of process development on existing products or new late-stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement. Supporting activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency and operational excellence.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for all process and cleaning recipe management and documentation preparations. Provide technical support to production and cleaning campaigns.
- Leading the facility preparations in support of cleaning and turnaround.
- Ensuring that all safety, quality and environmental compliance goals are achieved, including thoroughly investigating deviations and ensuring appropriate corrective actions are identified and implemented in full.
- Have an expert level of knowledge in selected areas of Operations (i.e. Safety, Launch Platform, Dry End, Recipe Management, Turnaround etc).
- Manage procedures/sops and business practices associated with the assigned area, including continuous improvement.
- Lead a significant project or a team of Engineers in support of achievement of Operations objectives. Provides the manufacturing input into major capital projects.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- An honours degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year experience in API production or related environment
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Decision making – analyses issues from different points of view, able to draw accurate conclusions from analyses to support decision making and make timely decisions.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement either in business systems or product development. Demonstrated ability to be self-driven with respect to implementing identified improvement initiatives.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.