- Implement, audit and advise on company EHS policy.
- Ensure the safe operation of the Vaccine IPT and the health and safety of its employees.
- Prevention of any environmental excursions or notices of violation.
- Promote EHS management systems, business continuity, regulatory compliance, community, company image/reputation and performance within Vaccine IPT.
- Promoting alignment with global EHS strategies and objectives.
- Support Corporate and Vaccine IPT EHS strategy and objectives, contributes to development and implementation of global EHS programs and promotes local alignment with same.
- Promote culture of EHS excellence at facility and provides high-quality safety, health and welfare technical leadership to the Vaccine IPT.
- Address risk prevention opportunities including hazardous materials exposure, spills, releases, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
- Manage EHS risk profile for the Vaccine IPT.
- Optimise existing operations and practices with focus on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide Technical stewardship, equipment resource planning and validation schedules.
- Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards.
- Provides oversight on EHS projects for the Vaccine IPT.
- Conduct annual self-assessments, and more frequent EHS audits, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Create and maintain databases & records containing pertinent EHS metrics and data.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 3rd Level degree in EHS, chemical engineering or other related discipline (chemistry, physical sciences or biology) is required. (Other 4-year degree health/sciences with significant equivalent work experience in EHS field may suffice.).
- Experience in EHS and/or engineering related positions, including knowledge of chemical, pharmaceutical, research and development processes is desired.
- Professional certifications in related disciplines and/or advanced degree in EHS management are a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Tech Services etc).
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Lean Six Sigma and Lean methodologies (e.g. 6S).
- Initiates and takes responsibility for his/her own professional development.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178