- A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Construction Management Lead to join our client’s busy pharmaceutical site in Co. Carlow.
- Reporting to the site Project Manager, as part of a multi-discipline team, specifically responsible for the delivery to CQ of the multi-product aseptic filling facility.
- The successful candidate will be required to work closely with a cross-functional team and coordinate activities between Design, Construction, Process, Technical Operations, C&Q, IPT and QA.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of construction and preconstruction Professionals that manage the pre-contract aspect of a new build project.
- Oversee monthly reporting of project status, risk, budget and schedule guidance including reporting key performance indicators and presenting to senior management.
- Interface with site constructability and capacity planning to develop scope criteria for new projects both green field and retrofit.
- Ensure all work is managed in accordance with GES procedures and best practices.
- Develop and establish oversight to ensure compliance to company/project safety policies and work rules of primary contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop and establish oversight of the project job site including all logistical and regulatory requirements (i.e., approved Site Logistics Plan, layout and applicable permits).
- Provide development, establishment and oversight of program concept, strategy and execution (approved Construction Execution Plan).
- Reviews major contracts and acts as an expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
- Supports project controlls to ensure all sourcing activities align with company’s financial controls, ensures ongoing engagement with finance throughout a program’s lifecycle for appropriate levels of contract and budgetary oversight.
- Provide oversight of all construction management and administrative activities, overall direction, guidance, issue resolution, cost and schedule performance of the project.
- Oversee the welfare and safety of all assigned employees (Lead safety from the top down).
- Make staffing decisions, selections and assignments (approved Construction organization and personnel staffing maintenance).
- Develop and maintain relationship with prospective trade partner bidders, craft (unions and non-union) and community entities as applicable.
- Provide oversight and enforcement of all applicable corporate and project policy and procedural decisions.
- Provide final approval of all contractual changes and pay applications (review process from bottom up).
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by enforcing procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Safety of all team members for the duration of the design, construct, commission validate and handover of the scope.
- Development of and delivery to the agreed milestones on the schedule within budget constraints.
- Delivery of stakeholder agreed scope for the facility to Commissioning Qualification
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifications in Construction or project management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role in Construction Management of large projects within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Technical and practical knowledge of black utilities and clean utilities systems and equipment, biotechnology processes and a working knowledge of FDA and EU regulations is preferred.
- The candidate will be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working with other large pharmaceutical international companies will be advantageous
- Experience of construction/handover of Aseptic Filling Facilities on Green Field sites for pharmaceutical facilities.
- Ability to work in design and construction of large project environment within Ireland.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written)
- Working knowledge of C&Q documentation required for cGMP process equipment.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Ability to generate and communicate project plans and schedules.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database management software, CAD software, and PCs.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.