- Our client, a global pharmaceutical facility in Cork, requires and experienced Construction Manager to work on a contract basis.
- This is a secondment role where the successful candidate will be a representative of Prochem Engineering on site.
- The overall purpose of this role would be to execute and deliver construction projects to the agreed specifications, requirements, costs and deadlines.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with project controls (budgeting, financials, scheduling, planning, etc.).
- Robust adherence to documentation control and recording processes.
- Planning and scheduling – uses planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities (Daily morning and Weekly meetings on each project).
- Coordinate site activities with manufacturing, facilities, EHS, QA, etc.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to keep project within budget. Make cash flow projections.
- Risk Management – design projects that are reliable and safe for those who construct and use them and for the environment. Ensure compliance with all regulations. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption.
- Innovation – seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction.
- Assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital / expense expenditures and maximize functional value.
- Demonstrate leadership, team-skills, self-confidence, and effective decision making throughout a project.
- Assure compliance with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes.
- Ensure any and all projects are executed with health & safety considered throughout.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Extensive experience working as a Construction Manager/ Site Engineer in a highly regulated pharmaceutical environment.
- Exemplary record of safe site management.
- Good understanding of PSCS requirements.
- Previous experience with all aspects of working with permits (issuing, management, etc.)
- Experienced in managing and delivering complex programmes with a solid background of planning and managing engineering projects with a demonstrated record of on time performance.
- Ability to read construction drawings, use project management tools for scheduling, keep a solid daily diary, management of Contractors and Consultants.
- The person proposed for this Construction Management role will have experience in managing construction capital / expense projects and will have a demonstrated ability to manage all personnel and stages of construction projects.
- He/she must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Experience managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks.
- Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout.
- Desirable – Experience dealing with outside regulators: local planning boards, construction inspectors.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.