- Our client, a global pharmaceutical facility in Wicklow, requires and experienced Construction Manager to work on a contract basis.
- This is a secondment role where the successful candidate will be a representative of Prochem Engineering on site.
- The overall purpose of this role would be to execute and deliver construction projects to the agreed specifications, requirements, costs and deadlines.
- Whilst the core scope described has a strong process and mechanical construction bias, it is also expected that the candidate has experience working within a highly regulated pharmaceutical environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all aspects of project controls (budgeting, financials, scheduling, planning, etc.).
- Robust adherence to documentation control and recording processes.
- Planning and scheduling – uses planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities.
- Coordinate site activities with manufacturing, facilities, EHS, QA, etc.
- Financial management – Manages and develops capital / expense budgets, obtain approvals for and adhere to project scope.
- Control and management of variations.
- Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to keep project within budget. Make cash flow projections.
- Make effective use of budgeting tools to ensure management of life cycle costs.
- Risk Management – design projects that are reliable and safe for those who construct and use them and for the environment. Ensure compliance with all regulations. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption.
- Innovation – seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction.
- Assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital / expense expenditures and maximize functional value.
- Demonstrate leadership, team-skills, self-confidence, and effective decision making throughout a project.
- Assure compliance with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes.
- Ensure any and all projects are executed with health & safety considered throughout.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related discipline.
- Extensive experience working as a Construction Manager/ Site Engineer in a highly regulated pharmaceutical environment.
- Exemplary record of safe site management.
- Good understanding of PSCS requirements.
- Previous experience with all aspects of working with permits (issuing, management, etc.)
- Experienced in managing and delivering complex programmes with a solid background of planning and managing engineering projects with a demonstrated record of on time performance.
- The person proposed for this Construction Management role will have experience in managing construction capital / expense projects and will have a demonstrated ability to manage all personnel and stages of construction projects.
- He/she must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
- Experience in developing RFP’s, tendering, tender analysis, alignment, award and site management.
- Experience managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks.
- Experience using budgeting tools.
- Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout.
- Desirable – Experience dealing with outside regulators: local planning boards, construction inspectors.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us: GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland. +353 21 2066178 email@example.com Click here to submit your CV