- At the facility, the company manufacture mainly angioplasty catheters that are used in both coronary and peripheral procedures to unblock arteries.
- They are recruiting a Development Engineer to support the development and design of products and processes, perform tests, contributes to the generation of technical documents/reports and analyze problems under the close guidance of a supervisor, project leader or senior professional.
- This includes making decision that involve direct application of technical knowledge to resolve problems of low to moderate technical complexity; Plans and coordinates engineering test builds; Leads or supports validation and qualification activities and Supports in Design & Process FMEA sessions.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment;
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met;
- Writes, reviews and approves protocols, reports and data;
- Coordinate testing outlined in protocols;
- Participates in analysis of problems in design, process and test development;
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions
- Participates in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customer and support staff;
- Develops and implements procedures to provide easy to follow instructions;
- Participates in and provides input to training on department and division procedures and policies;
- Complies with corporate and divisional procedures and policies and government regulations.
- A recognised mechanical or electrical trade qualification desirable but not essential.
- The successful candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering with 1 – 3 years relevant working experience in a regulated industry (Medical / Pharma).
- You will have the ability to make and present engineering decisions.
- This role would be well suited to an individual who has specific specialized engineering skills such as: Basic tooling and design and drafting knowledge, Analyze and optimize existing process and ability to create new processes; Basic product, design & prototyping; Material science; Bioengineering principles; Basic comparative statistics and Software application skills.
- The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will interact with cross functional teams. Oral and written presentation skills would be a distinct advantage. Ability to create, review and coordinate test protocols and reports. You will generate engineering proposals.
- You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100