- The EHS Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining the Environment, Health and Safety programme for the manufacturing site.
- This is a rare opportunity for a high-quality candidate to develop the EHS programme for the first manufacturing site. This includes the systems to ensure safe working practices and the development of an EHS cultural program to ensure the site’s culture reflects our Safety-First ambition.
- Responsibilities include policy development, training of staff, ensuring legislative compliance, SOP development and more. The EHS Specialist will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Works with Engineering, Tech services, Manufacturing and Quality colleagues as part of a site team whose shared goal is to realise the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives of the site.
- Develops site safety systems, policies and standards that are consistent with the site’s Safety-First principle.
- Develops and leads the development of site EHS policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the latest legislation and with industry best practice.
- Leads the development and deployment of the site cultural programs that ensure a genuine Safety-First culture throughout the site.
- Delivers (by self or others) high quality Health, Safety and Environmental training and technical support.
- Monitors compliance with all Health and Safety standards through an always Safety-First culture supported by auditing and active support.
- Ensures the site is always audit ready for inspection by the HAS or other competent authorities.
- Ensures site waste handling control and management for hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams are effective to ensure compliance with environmental standards.
- Oversees development and continuous improvement of risk assessment and other programmes to meet regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Reviews process and equipment change controls to identify potential EHS impacts.
- Liaising with and reporting to regulatory agencies such as the local authority, EPA and/or relevant agencies such as Irish Water.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science.
- Further qualification in an EHS (e.g. Masters) ideal.
- At least 8 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, with at least 5 years’ experience in a comparable EHS role.
- Practical implementation of Health and Safety management systems.
- Knowledge of HAZOP execution with strong problem-solving skills, ideally using formal tools e.g. FMEA.
- Technical knowledge of OELs and product containment.
- Strong analytical skills, documentation skills and research skills.
- Familiarity with environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Highly motivated with ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams or independently
- Strong team player with proactive approach & manner
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100