- We have been asked to support the construction management and qualification of an ongoing project and it requires the development of a new site-based team located in the East of the country.
- The project itself involves upgrades and installation of new equipment associated with an existing API facility.
- It will involve ties in to existing or installation of new glass lined reactors, receivers, holding tanks, centrifuges and dryers for the manufacture of a new pharmaceutical.
- There will be extensive piping, building services (HVAC), new utilities and extensions to existing utilities, together with an upgrade to the automation system.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides EHS support to site manufacturing operations and manages EHS details of capital projects.
- Analyzes and evaluates process and operational hazards and mitigates risks.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance related to hazardous materials management, hazardous and medical waste management.
- Member of the site Emergency Response Team and Safety committee ensuring capabilities in spill response and medical emergency response.
- Represents EHS regulatory and client requirements in support of project design and construction, process hazard analysis, pFMEA analysis.
- Responsible for development and effectiveness evaluations of safety programs including fall protection, confined space, Job Hazard Analysis, hazardous energy control (LOTO), contractor safety, fire system impairment, hot work, and other safety programs.
- Plans, develops and manages site procedures for adhering to local, state and federal EHS regulations,
- Identifies hazards and recommends engineering and administrative controls for risk reduction,
- Serves as primary EHS point of contact and provides EHS training and consultation related to occupational safety, health and environmental matters.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering or Science; Safety or Environmental related technical discipline is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced material and problem-solving ability.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.