- Working as part of an established engineering design team in our new Cork Office on the Old Mallow Road, the role will be to ensure that all design activities are carried out to meet with the Client Brief/Scope of Appointment, and any subsequent design changes.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is essential.
- The position offers an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to develop their career within a supportive environment.
- In addition to a competitive salary, you will have continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Take the lead in projects, managing the feasibility studies and concept /detailed design specifications, leading projects from concept stage to completion.
- Working as an Electrical Engineer reporting directly to the Project Manager with the ability to cover numerous projects at the same time.
- Ensuring all project designs are compliant with latest health & safety regulations.
- Partake in effective designs which conform to all codes of practice and industry standards.
- Support the Electrical Engineering department in the delivery of electrical designs.
- Ensure the management and coordination throughout all phases of the Projects, from Engineering, to the Procurement and Construction.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in project implementation to achieve project and company goals.
- Prepare and present project reports.
- Assist with tender and contract documentation including specifications, bills of quantities and ensuring projects are delivered within budget and timescales.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider teams, objectives.
- Responsible to liaise with clients, architects and project managers to verify that projects are following required schedules and budgets.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering.
- To supervise the resources required for the electrical engineering scope of a project ensuring that the correct manpower is available at all times. .
- Verify project specifications and drawings.
- Ensure adherence to the company Safety Management System and Quality Assurance requirements.
- To provide technical expertise to Electrical engineering activity.
- Must have the ability to present fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until projects are completed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred; ideally in Electrical / Instrument Engineering or other Technical discipline
- Minimum 3+ year’s electrical engineering experience
- Project Management Experience is of an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications, Revit & AutoCAD
- Experience working in the Building Services industry or other regulated environment as an Electrical Design Engineer.
- Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors with a strong LV/MV design background.
- Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation.
- Tender development / reporting / report / analysis / recommendations.
- Develop project scope with design team / client
- Produce budgets and reports for clients.
- Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for a range of projects.
- Strong experience with all ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Design Co-ordination experience across disciplines.
- Good time management skills with the ability to commit to and work to deadlines.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100