- Prochem Engineering have an immediate requirement for an ambitious Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer to work as part of our expanding team in Cork.
- The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in an established and highly skilled engineering design team.
- Reporting directly to the Department Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth running of multiple concurrent projects.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an E&I Engineer within a pharmaceutical/ API/ biotechnology environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in projects, managing the feasibility studies and concept /detailed design specifications, leading projects from concept stage to completion.
- Ensure all project designs are compliant with latest ETCI regulations.
- Partake in effective designs which conform to all codes of practice and industry standards within an ATEX environment.
- Work closely with the Process Department to develop accurate instrumentation specifications.
- Support the E&I Department in the delivery of designs for a variety of clients.
- Ensure the management and coordination throughout all phases of the Projects, from Engineering, to the Procurement and Construction.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in project implementation to achieve project and company goals.
- Assist with tender and contract documentation including specifications, bills of quantities and ensuring projects are delivered within budget and timescales.
- Liaise with clients, architects and project managers to verify that projects are following required schedules and budgets.
- Verify project specifications and drawings.
- Delivery of wiring diagrams and loop sheets to IFC design standards.
- Ensure adherence to the company Safety Management System and Quality Assurance requirements.
- To provide technical expertise to E&I engineering activity including site coordination.
- Must have the ability to present fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until projects are completed.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred, ideally in Electrical / Instrument Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as an E&I Engineer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications, Revit & AutoCAD.
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry or other regulated environment as an E&I Engineer.
- Design and specification of E&I services for various types of buildings and sectors with LV/MV design background.
- Tender development / reporting / report / analysis / recommendations experience.
- Proven track record developing project scope with design team / client.
- Previous experience producing budgets and accurate reports for clients.
- Solid experience developing specifications and design of E&I systems for a range of projects.
- Deep understanding of automation, development of URS and I/O Lists.
- Exceptional ability to liaise with vendors and other relevant third parties.
- Strong experience with all ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards.
- Design Co-ordination experience across multiple disciplines.
- Good time management skills with the ability to commit to and work to deadlines.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178