- Deliver comprehensive hazardous area inspection schedules and inspection reports, advising on corrective action where necessary and complying with all the very latest international standards, codes and practices e.g. IS EN 60079-10-1:2015
- Carry out Risk assessments on all non ATEX rated equipment, specify all control measures and identify any remedial works required.
- Ensure all certification, documentation and labelling requirements are adequate and compliant on all equipment.
- Compile and implement a detailed asset register of Ex equipment onto Microsoft Access and
- Track all non- conformance’s identified during equipment inspections.
- Red line Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings.
- Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and in accordance with in-house procedures
In addition to the responsibilities and duties listed, the successful candidate may be required to undertake further duties assigned from time t time by the Project Manager.
Specific Technical Abilities Required
- Full and detailed understanding of explosion protection principles and how they apply to equipment design, installation and maintenance in hazardous areas.
- Expert knowledge of the current approved ATEX directives, ETCI rules and HSA regulations and
their application with regard to equipment maintenance, inspection and repair.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the ETCI rules and regulation for electrical installations in potentially explosive environments.
- Knowledge of hazard area classification and requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in design, implementation and management of an Ex equipment inspection regime including close, visual and detailed inspections on electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Knowledge in the design of Explosion Protection Documents and Hazardous Area Drawings and understanding of all appropriate requirements.
- Experience of Good Documentation Practice and use of standard procedures in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge and experience of earthing and bonding equipment checks as well as Fault Loop Impedance and Insulation Resistance in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Experience of red lining Electrical & Instrumentation Drawings.
- Proven background in Ex Electrical & Instrumentation Inspections
- A relevant third level engineering qualification.
- Worked in hazardous areas over many years and are Comp Ex qualified for explosive gases and vapours, intrinsically safe systems and combustible dusts.
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- At least 2 year experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Pharmaceutical/GMP Experience an advantage.
- Comfortable in the use of Microsoft works packages i.e. Excel, Word, and Access.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100