- A new opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Staff Engineer to join our client’s facility in Co. Cork.
- He/she is the Subject Matter Expert across a number of Engineering competencies including Lean six sigma, manufacturing and automation.
- The Staff Engineer will provide technical leadership in the facility and will report to the Senior Engineering Manager
- They will possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization and deliver complex assignments.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of significant Engineering projects through PMO.
- Provide Technical leadership from an engineering perspective.
- Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
- Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
- Ownership of the FPY and MRB process.
- Structured problem solving.
- Continuously improve the performance of the process.
- Optimisation of current floor space.
- Provide support to Process Development / Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Train and mentor Operators and Engineers.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- Validation, Appraisal and support of suppliers, and raw material.
- Support process development and cost reduction activities within the business units.
- Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
- Providing development and guidance for assigned Co-op /Technician Engineers.
- Provide leadership to other Manufacturing Engineers and or Technicians as required.
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business-critical projects.
- Has minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of providing technical leadership and, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and Operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment.
- Demonstrable strong analytical & problem-solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously.
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances.
- Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.