- The successful candidate will work with the reliability group assisting with all reliability engineering efforts across the site.
- Ensure business continuity through the use of reliability tools and techniques which will improve plant reliability and availability to ensure operating efficiencies of equipment and facility assets.
- This role is initially a 12-month, site-based assignment where the successful candidate will act as a representative of Prochem on our globally renowned client site.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement site-based reliability activities to comply with site policies and guidelines.
- Conduct FMEA and determines the optimum maintenance strategies for each plant system.
- Implement the Global Reliability Program toolkit and implement tools as needed based on the user requirements and best practice.
- Perform plant criticality ranking reviews.
- Developing appropriate plant strategies.
- Develop Conditioned based Monitoring program.
- Support common cause Bottle Neck Downtime issues.
- Increase plant availability, reduce mean time between failures.
- Review critical spares.
- Support M1 investigations.
- Make recommendations to influence the maintenance budget.
- Working with the area teams you will facilitate/ support investigations to identify root cases of losses in the operation of production, facility and utility processes. Communicate findings across the plant and implement corrective actions that will prevent the failure from re-occurrence.
- Take responsibility for the ranking the criticality of assets, typically using GPR approaches, and defining the proactive maintenance approaches which are cost beneficial to the business. Typical “maintenance approaches” to include run-to-failure, clock run-time based preventative maintenance, condition-based monitoring approaches such as vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography, ultrasonic analysis, and on-line alarm monitoring approaches where appropriate.
- Provide maintenance input to engineering design to minimize lifecycle costs. Develop procedures and specifications for the reliability and maintenance aspects of existing and new equipment, while helping identify work content for planned shutdowns.
- Provide technical support to maintenance personnel directed to the solution of plant equipment problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide plant machinery or equipment technical expertise in HAZOP’s as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years working as a Mechanical/ Reliability/ Maintenance Engineer within a pharmaceutical/ API environment.
- Strong experience working within a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment with sound supporting knowledge of engineering within an API environment.
- Ability to demonstrate technical skills with the proven capability to effectively develop and implement business strategies.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of GMP, EHS procedures including regulatory guidelines/ policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with Mechanical Integrity requirements.
- Energetic with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Six Sigma/ Operational Excellence experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to build effective relationships across multiple disciplines and levels across the site.
- Capable of leading technical programs and initiatives, fostering support from stakeholders and collaboration among participants.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.