- Working as part of an established engineering design team in our new Cork Office on the Old Mallow Road, the role will be to ensure that all design activities are carried out to meet with the Client Brief/Scope of Appointment, and any subsequent design changes.
- Candidates should be an experienced piping designer with a minimum over 5 years of process plant design experience in a consulting engineering office or project engineering office in a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant.
- Ensure that adequate design reviews are managed and undertaken as required.
- Ensure that design changes are documented, recorded and checked/approved.
- Maintain appropriate records of key project design decisions.
- Ensure that all design safety activities are carried out.
- Complete mechanical electrical and process modelling and detailing.
- Preparation of PFD’s, P&ID’s , equipment layouts and piping GA’s
- Carry out site mechanical surveys and P&ID walk down.
- Preparing piping specifications.
- Preparing piping MTO’s and cost estimates
- Preparing piping scope of works documents
- Liaising with contractors on site
- Providing design support to clients
- Manage Mechanical section of Design Projects and report to Department Lead and/or Project Manager as required.
- Generate construction drawings and isometric piping drawings using 3D Software.
- Co-ordinate with the Procurement Department to confirm technical compliance for equipment.
- Perform Model Reviews and generate a list of action items for completion arising from the review.
- Nominate and inform Checker(s) and Approver(s) of adequate experience for the complexity of design to be checked/ approved.
- Liaise with the Design Safety Advisor (DSA) in the planning and undertaking of design safety reviews.
- Inspect the mechanical build (platform structure and piping) as it progresses.
- Ensure that the construction team are furnished with current drawings and answer any particular queries during the construction stage.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; ideally in Mechanical Engineering or other Technical discipline.
- 5+ years’ piping design experience.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience and pharmaceutical design office experience essential.
- Expert level AutoCAD Plant 3D and 2D AutoCAD experience, Revit and Autodesk an advantage.
- Design Co-ordination experience across disciplines.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to commit to and work to deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with people both orally and in writing.
- Capable of coordinating with third parties and end users.
- Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic, have the ability to work on their own initiative, meet deadlines and be able.
- Must have the ability and temperament to conduct meetings with project/process engineers and engineers/designers in other disciplines.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100