- A new opportunity has arisen for Procurement Specialist at our client’s busy pharmaceutical site in Co. Tipperary.
- Reporting to the Procurement Lead the successful candidate will manage the Procurement process, including sourcing suppliers/bidders, negotiation, and associated administration required to run the operation.
- This position covers responsibility for the management of all addressable spend in site. It will ensure stewardship of the external supply base that supports business at site including cost, risk, compliance, and supplier innovation.
- This position needs to be in close collaboration with the relevant site stakeholder, Ireland Procurement Team and the Global Procurement Centre’s of Expertise (COE).
- This position will ensure that Global Procurement is in full control and has detailed understanding of the local supply market, local business practices, laws, regulations and policies.
- This position will bring together World Class Procurement practices and strong business knowledge to ensure that the function truly adds value to the customers.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Procurement Specialist is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with Procurement activities.
- They are an active member of the Procurement team providing support, guidance and expertise.
- The Procurement Specialist will participate and comply with Quality Management System (QMS) requirements.
- Maintain records and integrity of data in Global ERP and Source Management systems
- Work with suppliers to facilitate commercial transactions that comply with site policies and processes
- Work closely with internal customers for Direct and Indirect categories during tendering, negotiations, contracting and vendor management processes.
- Identify and advise internal customers and supply management of commercial risks inherent in quotations and purchase orders.
- Obtaining approval at EMEA/Global level for sourcing decisions being recommended under area/s of responsibility.
- Support escalation of issues with suppliers and define and manage local supplier risk profiles.
- Support the management of supplier’s constraints and capacity related issues.
- Prepare month end KPI reports as required. Actively lead in-group strategic sourcing initiatives, as directed by the Procurement Lead.
- Support Material Cost Reduction, Freight cost reduction supplier lead time reduction and supplier partnership development.
- Optimise supplier base to deliver improved quality and cost of service.
- Develop plans for key local suppliers with application of appropriate sourcing strategy for spend category.
- Ensure compliance with the Purchasing Policy and company guidelines.
- Responsible for supporting a culture of Continuous Improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Technical, Manufacturing, Business).
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- At least three years experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment including experience in procurement / commercial / contract management.
- Knowledge and experience in applying Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated use of continuous improvement skills/tools.
- SAP Experience, SAP Ariba is a distinct advantage – Extensive User knowledge and preferably SAP project implementation experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office systems Outlook, Excel-Proficiency on Excel Pivots, Charts, etc., Word, PowerPoint Presentations
- Knowledge of modern supply chain systems including ERP, e-procurement.
- Clear understanding of budgeting / forecasting.
- Strong communication skills, (verbal and written) and Problem-Solving Skills.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.