- A key focus of this role is to identify strategic solutions for efficiencies and delivery of improved business outcomes by developing and pursuing appropriate commercial strategies in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- You will negotiate and manage robust capital delivery contracts in full compliance with procurement policies.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with project sponsors and other key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive procurement strategy identifying the key drivers, requirements, assumptions and constraints for the project.
- Prepare and agree with stakeholders an insight-led procurement delivery plan for each package; monitor and report the progress, managing key risks and resolving issues.
- Lead all commercial activities in the procurement of major projects from end-to-end – market engagement, PQQ, tender, negotiation, and award.
- Gaining stakeholder sign off to key tender and contract documentation and approaches including evaluation criteria and negotiation strategies.
- Ensure effective handover to Contract Managers on award of the Contract, including follow up on any outstanding or post award requirements.
- Be an active member in shaping strategies and approaches; identifying and suggesting performance improvements (e.g. speed of delivery, value of savings, customer service, improvements to Systems or tools).
- Ensuring Procurement Practices and Policies are applied across by the Design and Construction Subcontractors.
- Specifically, routinely engage and work with the project’s EP services provider to implement the agreed plan for procurement of Equipment (Process, Utility, HVAC, Electrical & Instrumentation).
- Specifically, routinely engage and work with the project’s CM services provider to implement an agreed plan for procurement of Construction subcontracts including Indirects.
- Specifically, routinely engage and work with the Pfizer project team to develop and implement a procurement strategy and plan for non-EPCM aspects of the project e.g. Automation & IT, CQV services, contract personnel hiring etc.
- Assess opportunities to leverage from existing procurement plans within the network and implement the agreed strategy to achieve most efficient delivery and best value for the project.
- Time permitting and based on business priorities, engage with other projects beyond RCMF to support other procurement programmes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- We are looking for candidates with a track record of developing complex procurement and contracting strategies. The ideal candidate will have experience in large infrastructure, construction or major projects, preferably in the Life Sciences Arena and ideally in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) space.
- We are seeking passionate individuals with extensive experience of delivering procurement events from end-to-end; including strategy, market engagement, tender, negotiation, and award. You will have strong commercial acumen knowledge of the main players in the industry.
- You will be resilient and tenacious under pressure with an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
North Valley Business Centre, Cork, T23 KC67.
+353 21 206 6178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.