- This individual will play a key role in the newly formed Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure that key site projects and initiatives are delivered.
- Projects will fall into (but are not limited to) the following categories: Engineering, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement Initiatives, Business Transformation, Technical Programs and other projects as dictated by site initiatives.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates schedule development sessions with project team and collects data for schedule logic, activity duration and resource requirements.
- Manages the preparation of schedules for all phases of each project.
- To work with the team to manage a reliable and responsive planning service for projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that schedule updates from the various area owners are carried out, and that these inputs are cross checked and consistent with one another to support the overall program.
- Ensures that all quality checks are carried out on the Schedule before issue.
- To analyse project requirements and preparation of a Project Master Schedule which integrates strategies and constraints for all the project phases.
- To monitor progress against schedules, analyse deviations and recommend remedial actions.
- To coordinate in conjunction with colleagues, a progress measurement system and to operate the performance measurement systems.
- Establishes working relationships across the Site/Project Teams. Negotiates and monitors levels of service or performance provided, communicates and actions areas of concern to resolve issues.
- Effectively communicating with and managing key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Proactively managing issues, proposing mitigation/response plans to resolve issues and effectively implementing the action plan.
- Support the development and running of the PMO on site.
- Performs additional assignments per the PMO Lead’s direction.
- Responsible for supporting a culture of Continuous Improvement through the use of Lean Six Sigma tools.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree with 3+ years Scheduling and Planning experience preferably in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical sectors.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the project coordination and scheduling of a broad spectrum of projects in the pharma industry.
- In-depth experience of MS Project Progress Reporting, Critical Path Analysis and Key Resource Profiling.
- Project management qualification such as Project Management Professional, etc.
- Superior organisational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability in holding project team members responsible for results and realise improvement initiatives.
- Proven success in a team environment, such as project teams, Six Sigma team, PITs, etc.
- High level of problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Advanced PC skills such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Experience with Management Systems such as PM, EHS, Trackwise, SAP, PRINCE, Microsoft PM, etc.
- Proactive and intelligent individual who is quick to grasp new ideas and concepts while performing effectively under pressure and changing circumstances.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification in a strongly regulated environment.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.