- Our client is currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join their facility in Co. Cavan.
- The successful candidate will coordinate and monitor activities for assigned site improvement projects.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management:
- Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those projects.
- Participates in site assessments. Leads, & communicates Site ORP.
- Estimates and coordinates resources needed (materials, budget, time and people) to accomplish assigned individual tasks.
- Responsible for achieving financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Supports the start-up of new facilities/equipment.
- Lead Operational readiness Planning for key site projects.
- Coordinates Contractors & builds schedules to ensure effective clear communications on key site projects.
- Independently gathers maintenance and manufacturing performance data and performs preliminary analysis.
- Reports findings.
- Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans to drive cost containment and cost reduction projects.
- Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally.
- Improves maintenance processes. Recognizes and implements process improvements and cost reductions; creatively applies others’ ideas.
- Leads root cause analysis for equipment downtime where applicable.
- Develops and executes reliability studies and evaluations of equipment robustness.
- Organizational Interface:
- Mentors others by sharing information and providing feedback and guidance.
- Prepares written communication.
- Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members using appropriate communication protocols.
- Establishes networks. Follows through on goals; contributes willingly and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the project.
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interacts effectively with stakeholders.
- Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy, Group Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of assigned tasks.
- Has awareness of the potential consequences of changes to established processes.(change Management)
- Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance.
- People Management/leadership:
- Supports & develops Training, SOP. 1PL on new or existing equipment in line with site ORP.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Holds themselves and others accountable to delivering results.
- Plan and schedule work in accordance with plant demand and available manpower.
- Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Provides training.
- Customer interface (in support of uptime and meeting production plan) and/or daily performance review meetings.
- Leads capital plant projects or process improvement initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 5 years relevant experience in Project Engineering.
- 3 years people management experience.
- Professional qualifications such as PMP would be an asset.
- The ability to organize, motivate and understand people.
- Good mental ability to logically follow a line though for problem solving.
- High command of CAD, MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
- Manage project activities in collaboration with key stakeholders including the development and implementation of work plans, activities’ report and technical programmes for events.
- Lead the development and implementation of a broad coordinated set of plans and programmes to meet the priorities of the organisation.
- Pro-actively identify new project opportunities, draft proposals and provide expertise to other team members when necessary.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.