- Reporting to the Project Controls Lead and the Project Manager, the primary role of the Project Cost Engineer is to develop and maintain the Project cost report and associated supporting documentation.
- Directly interfaces with project engineers and project management as necessary for cost control monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Provide full assistance to the Project Controls Lead in all aspects of Cost Control Management and its applications with regards to commercial, technical, and services of the project. Prepares weekly and monthly inputs to Project Cost Reports as required.
- Assists with converting the Project estimate into the Control Budget and incorporating into the Project Cost System in accordance with the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Maintains integrity of the Cost Management database.
- Manage and maintain Resource Schedules and cost estimates by discipline, cost centre and cost discipline.
- Ensures the Budget basis is understood by Project team.
- Facilitates the Change Management program by preparing Trends, Budget Shifts and Change Orders for review.
- Provides accurate Cost Coding for Purchase Orders, vendor invoices, subcontractor invoices, and verifies provided cost codes are recorded in the Accounts Payable system.
- Monitor, evaluate and implement the day to day incurred cost (committed costs) against the budget for each Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and insure that they are correctly linked and booked to each corresponding Cost Code or Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Raises purchase requisitions within the purchasing system.
- Provides timely support to project financial reporting and cash flow trending functions and the invoice/billing process as required.
- Provides accurate financial, cost reporting, trending analysis and cash flow forecasting support to the Project Controls Lead.
- Responsible for cost analysis, development and presentation of cost impact analysis.
- Uses cost collection tools, develops and maintains cost and resource databases and reports.
- Handles other assigned functions.
Education & Qualifications Required
- National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting, Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent level of industry-based experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience in use of Ariba and SAP accounting systems advantageous.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing and solving problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to deal with process change and implement new effective processes
- An ability to work through peers and across organisational boundaries and influence at all levels in the business
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100