- Responsible for delivering various process/equipment upgrade projects from requirements to handover.
- Responsible for managing all EHS requirements through the full life cycle of the project.
- Lead Constructability Reviews, Design Reviews and Risk Assessments during design phase.
- Provide input to IFT/IFC packages and assist with procurement process.
- Responsible for all aspects of contractor supervision/management during construction stage.
- Understand the core fundamental issues and develop mitigation plans for all project issues identified.
- Participate in engineering team initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Ensure that company quality and engineering standards are adhered to.
- Understand the company Global Engineering Standards and ensure that all proposals developed and projects are delivered to meet defined standards.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, executes and tracks the progress of the project through the design phases and ensures that the key deliverables as per the company PM standard are adhered to.
- Extensive working knowledge of current Irish Construction Regulations (Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Regulations, 2006).
- Works on own initiative and highlights potential design issues with proposals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to deal with contractor and equipment vendor queries in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years project engineering/ management experience with a degree in Civil Engineering/ Construction Management or related discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status is advantageous but not essential.
- Must have experience of working on similar type/size projects within a regulated/ GMP environment.
- Knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and Utility Systems.
- Must have a thorough understanding and experience in the application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
- Must be able to provide solutions to moderately complex to semi-routine problems.
- Ability to recognise deviations from accepted practice as required.
- Ability to apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs).
- Ability to work under little to no instruction for routine works and general instruction on new assignments.
- Strong verbal, technical writing, contractor management, project management and interpersonal skills are essential.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178