Project Engineer – Co. Dublin
- Our client is looking for a Project Engineer for their Engineering Department to support their site projects (capital, maintenance, lean etc.) in Co. Dublin.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will lead and manage multiple Technical Engineering projects from scope development, design, build/install and qualify through to handover to operations for key Technical Engineering projects on site.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with key project stakeholders (design team (internal and external consultants), main contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors, etc.).
- Assisting in the execution of projects & providing guidance to ensure compliance to all relevant standards/codes and specifications associated. This will include all site activities associated with commissioning and handover to the operations team.
- Assessment of contractor and supplier proposals for technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the project scheduling within the confines of an operating plant.
- Change management is a critical process to be understood and controlled.
- Ensure works are installed in accordance with project specifications and change control procedures.
- Ensure there is a safety culture in the design & execution of projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BEng in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Chemical or Process Engineering or relevant experience in similar roles.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working in Project Engineering Role
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to handover and has proven experience in this area.
- Experience of working in either Mechanical, Process or Utility Systems
- Familiar with engineering project management tools, financial management skills including an ability to work within budgets and engineering technical skills.
- Excellent communication /presentation skills.
- Desirable but not essential Criteria:
- Knowledge of working in ATEX environment, powder handling / transfer,
- Experience in liaising with other engineering disciplines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in project management.
To Apply: Quote – PE23040
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.