- A new vacancy has arisen for the role of a Project Engineer at our client’s site in Co. Wexford.
- The primary purpose of this position is to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- The Project Engineer ensures the company’s internal and external customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- You adhere to site Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- You will develop new and unique approaches to challenging problems and work on projects that advance the company’s technological capabilities.
- You will investigate and interpret internal or external technology and business trends and recommend best practices to the organization.
- You will evaluate, develop and implement a wide range of new technologies of moderate scope and complexity.
- You may identify and procure the new equipment and technology of moderate complexity, scope and cost.
- You will originate new documents such as protocols, reports, specifications and work-instructions; and you may also review documentation work product of peers and others.
- You will plan and develop engineering projects concerned with unique problems or team challenges, which have an important impact on moderate to large programs.
- You may lead cross-functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk and or complexity and may begin developing the skills to influence others to achieve goals.
- You will initiate and maintain relationships with individuals and business units within your site or organization.
- You will be proficient in specialty areas or technologies and are building advanced skills to become a subject matter expert. As a result, you may be directed to deploy your expertise across multiple organizations and/or locations. As a result, occasional travel may be required in this position.
- You embed Quality within the Engineering discipline – “I own Quality.” You are a standard bearer for Quality in everything the company does, by assuring adherence to our Quality Management System (QMS), facilitating and/or contributing to corrective and preventive actions, and contributing to the successful attainment of our quality KPI’s and journey to 5 Sigma.
- You perform other duties, as needed and as directed by your line of supervision.
- You champion the development of and deployment of the systems and tools to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- You embrace the Manufacturing Excellence culture based on the company’s Production System and its five focus areas:
- Strategy Alignment through Site Hoshin Plans, the regular cadence of Sales, Inventory, and Operations’ Planning (SiOP) meetings, and regular updates to the value stream maps.
- Leadership of Sustained Change by ensuring production monitoring & improvement activities and deployment of Leader Standard Work.
- Standardization through workplace organization & visual controls (5S), Manufacturing Standard Work, and robust training & certification programs.
- Associate Engagement promoted through the adoption of standardized problem solving. methodologies, behavior-based safety programs, and improvement idea and suggestion systems.
- Systems & Process Optimization through adoption of principles of built in quality, optimized scheduling & material system designs, work cell design, and total productive maintenance.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or related technical field and may have earned a Master’s Degree.
- Technically seen as a very competent technical contributor, a recognition you have earned through 5+ years of progressive engineering and/or technically focused roles and experiences.
- Candidates who do not meet the education requirement may be considered with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical and problem solving foundation, and preferably training and certifications, in a variety of problem-solving and project management methodologies such as 6-Sigma (green belt as a minimum, black belt preferred), 8D, RCA, 5-Why, Ishikawa (Fish Bone), Kepner-Tregoe, PMP.
- Abilities to observe, analyze and develop solutions to challenging technical issues result in the delivery of measurable results in areas such as productivity, technical capabilities, capacities, or other competitive differentiators.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead team activities and act as a coach for other less experienced associates.
- Clear and professional communications to all levels of the organization are important in this role and you will have well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a calm demeanour that transcends the high energy, constantly changing production environment.
- Possesses a positive, can-do attitude with an underlying belief that failure is not an option.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.