- A vacancy exists Client Side Project Engineer / Construction Manager supporting capital projects.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- The Engineer will be a key member of the project management team on a $100MM capital project.
- The Engineer may also work on other projects as needed by the business.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to lead project delivery efforts and to influence others, be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills and strategic and tactical thinking abilities.
- Have knowledge of Cleanroom/HVAC/E&I, equipment and utilities systems.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand IPT structure and material management interfaces.
- Incumbents should be organized and methodical with attention to detail and be rigorous in follow-up.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the field execution of project deliverables and that appropriate stage gate controls are in place for all works, coaches project team wrt to safety, is involved in any investigations (near miss etc).
- Works closely with CM from EPCM to develop construction team.
- Attends field walk downs as client CM Representative to ensure that appropriate standards are being met with installations.
- Completes early walk downs on systems and works with overall construction team to resolve punch lists based on priorities
- For construction acts as an interface with site to address and resolve any conflicts.
- Attends and provides inputs to Interactive Pull Planning Workshops with appointed contractors and other stakeholders to plan out construction and energisation activities in a schedule critical project, identifies any constraints and works to remove these and other barriers.
- Ensure that Lean Construction Tools and Methodologies are being implemented in the field (Tacht, Last Planner & Pull Plan Scheduling, Target Value Design and Construction, Integrated Project Safety Team Structure, Right First Time approach).
- Ensures that EPCM has appropriate stage gate approach in place to ensure rigour in allowing systems pass from Testing, Construction Completion and Energisation.
- Ensure Project Quality Standards are implemented and that documentation requirements met
- Coordinate the project construction programme, incorporating Enabling CSA works, Main CSA Works, cleanroom, Clean & Black Utilities generation/ Distribution, Process Equipment Installation, office and warehouse fit out.
- Attends daily tier meetings / weekly co-ordination meetings regarding construction.
- Reviews and approves any site field instructions and manages commercial contract variations with EPCM, acts as a delegate for the Project Manager
- Completes daily walkthrough of site for safety and checks on progress etc.
- Manage project changes in construction and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed for Quality / Safety / Cost or schedule impacts.
- Assist with the coordination of design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, personnel, outside contractors and vendors.
- Track and report construction progress as required against project deliverables
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Third level degree in a relevant discipline.
- Must have experience with SAP usage at a high level.
- Proven level of experience in delivering significant capital projects within the pharmaceutical sector > €80MM.
- Ability to sequence critical activities in planning work for construction phase.
- Ability to coordinate activities to deliver projects to an aggressive schedule.
- Knowledge of clean room installation an Advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years+ of relevant experience in capital projects preferably in Pharm/Bio Pharm.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working with Lean Construction Tools and Methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in projects
- Excellent communication /presentation skills.
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100