- Our well renowned client in Cork are currently recruiting a Project Engineer to join their established team.
- This is a 12-month rolling contract position reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- The successful candidates will plan, design, coordinate, validate and implement high technology equipment and/or processes for the site.
- He/she will also provide engineering support to ensure high yields and reduce downtime of process equipment prior to implementation into production.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for introducing and validating new equipment and/or complex new process projects from design through completion and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Project management & planning and liaising with other departments affected by these projects.
- Reporting project status to management and highlighting areas of concern early.
- Ensuring all projects are completed to agreed timelines and within budget.
- Planning and managing equipment implementation to ensure effective utilization of multi departmental resources both internal and external to the company.
- Assigned work adheres to EHSE requirements.
- Ensure continual Quality System compliance by adherence to established Client requirements
- Author and/or review and approval of protocols, technical reports, SOPs, and technical specifications. Compilation of technical documentation for regulatory submissions.
- Applying cost improvement and LEAN Manufacturing initiatives in projects.
- Responsible for optimising new processes through process analysis and the application of engineering principles.
- Manages assignments / project works performed by outside vendors
- Provide support to the engineering department when required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 4- 5 years engineering experience in Pharmaceutical industry in a production environment with knowledge of process engineering, equipment, automation specification and GMP validation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Process; Chemical; Mechanical; Electrical Engineering or other related discipline.
- Project Management Qualification desirable.
- Experience of current cGMP requirement of an FDA/HPRA approved facility.
- PC and software proficiency – Microsoft software and Microsoft project.
- Must be good record keeper and data analyser, attention to detail, accuracy and documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- A positive mindset of Safety First.
- Travel may be required as part of the role from time to time depending on project needs.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178