- A new opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer (Capital Projects – Mech/Process) with our client in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering various process/equipment/utility projects from concept design to final handover.
- Responsible for managing all EHS requirements through the full life cycle of the project.
- This is a 6-months contract role with possibility for extension.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop User Requirements for systems by engaging with the site operations, EHS, maintenance, utilities, technical and quality teams ensuring that the proposed solutions are acceptable.
- Undertake Design Reviews and Risk Assessments during design phase of the projects
- Understand the core fundamental issues and develop mitigation plans for all project issues identified
- Process Optimisation & monitoring of KPIs to ensure process is operating effectively and in control
- Contractor supervision is a requirement for this position.
- Participate in engineering team initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Ensure that the site quality and engineering standards are adhered to.
- Understand the company’s Global Engineering Standards and ensure that all proposals developed, and projects are delivered to company standards.
- Plan, execute and track progress of the project through the design phases and ensures that the key deliverables as per the company’s PM standard are adhered to.
- Works on own initiative and highlights potential design issues with proposals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Awareness of EU Safety Directives and demonstrated use of same on projects.
- Familiar with ATEX directive and demonstrated use of same on projects.
- Ability to deal with contractor and equipment vendor queries in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years project engineering/management experience with a degree in Mechanical/Process engineering.
- Chartered Engineer an advantage but not a requirement.
- Experience of working with manufacturing equipment, automated transfer systems, clean in place systems etc.
- Must have experience of working on projects within a GMP environment.
- Must have a good appreciation for designing systems within a GMP environment.
- Must have a thorough understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
- Must be able to provide solutions to moderately complex to semi-routine problems.
- Must have the ability to recognise deviations from accepted practice as required.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal instruction/direction
- Strong verbal, technical writing, project management and interpersonal skills are required.
To Apply: Quote – PE22094
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.