- Responsible for delivering various electrical, mechanical, automation, process & packaging equipment project throughout the complete project life-cycle from inception through to handover.
- Responsible for managing all EHS requirements through the full life cycle of the project.
- Develop User Requirements for systems by engaging with the site operations, EHS, maintenance, utilities, technical and quality teams ensuring that the proposed solutions are acceptable.
- Undertake Design Reviews and Risk Assessments during design phase of the projects
- Understand the core fundamental issues and develop mitigation plans for all project issues identified
- Contractor supervision is a requirement for this position
- Participate in engineering team initiatives on an as needed basis
- Ensure that the site quality and engineering standards are adhered to
- Understand the site/company Global Engineering Standards and ensure that all proposals developed and projects are delivered to site/company standards
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Plans, executes and tracks the progress of the project through the design phases and ensures that the key deliverables as per the site/company Project Management Framework are adhered to.
- Works on own initiative and highlights potential design issues with proposals
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Awareness of EU Safety Directives and demonstrated use of same on projects
- Knowledge of CE, ATEX and machinery directive and demonstrated use of same on projects
- Ability to deal with contractor and equipment vendor queries in a timely manner
- In-depth knowledge of permit to work systems and LOTO
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years project engineering / management experience with a degree level education in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Process, Manufacturing Technology)
- Experience of working with high speed packaging lines an advantage
- Experience of serialization and track & trace an advantage
- Knowledge of Process Control /Automation Systems an advantage
- Knowledge of packaging line design and installation an advantage
- Knowledge of Process, Mechanical and Utility Systems
- Must have experience of working on projects within a GMP environment.
- Must have a good appreciation for designing systems within a GMP environment.
- Must have a thorough understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
- Must be able to provide solutions to moderately complex to semi-routine problems.
- Must have the ability to recognise deviations from accepted practice as required.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Strong verbal, technical writing, project management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of SAP/MERPs an advantage
- Must have an understanding of the Safety, Health and Welfare at work (Construction) Regulations and the application of same when executing projects
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.