- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer at our client’s pharmaceutical facility in Co. Sligo.
- To provide a Manufacturing Engineering service to the plant, in order to maximise the availability of Manufacturing, Utilities and Facilities Equipment.
- To manage engineering projects when and were required.
- To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety and Finance.
- To support the engineering teams in controlling uptime of equipment and optimizing efficiencies.
- To support the Engineering team with the emphasis on continual operational improvements and employee equipment training and development.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management and supporting of manufacturing equipment development.
- Preparation of capital expenditure requests for plant.
- Develops monthly engineering metrics.
- Ensure successful external, Division and Corporate audits.
- Ensure compliance with calibration requirements.
- Issue management reports as requested and on time.
- Management of relevant budgets within target.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to.
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrade in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the Engineering Team in ensuring that manufacturing equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, divisional and corporate standards.
- Liaise with Division Engineering as required.
- Ensure the effective management of appropriate internal and external plant projects.
- Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering & Safety.
- Supervise external contractors.
- Negotiate cost / quality effective external contracts.
- Prepare appropriate CAPA plans and implement timelines.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Chemical /Mechanical/ Process or other relevant discipline)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience working in a GMP regulated environment (ideally Pharma/ Biotech)
- Minimum 3 years working on capital projects (equipment installations, facility upgrades, etc.)
- Familiar with change control systems (Trackwise and Soltrags) and requirements.
- On-site experience in an API Manufacturing environment (reactors, pumps, filter dryers, mills, gloveboxes) and/ or a Drug Product Manufacturing environment (tablet presses, capsule filling, roller compaction, granulation, fluid bed dryer, post hoists, gloveboxes).
- Capable of taking a project and executing autonomously from start to finish, including contractor management, budget forecasting/control, etc.
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver on set targets.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.