- A vacancy exists with our client for a Senior Project Engineer supporting capital projects.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- This will be a key role in the client Engineering organization which is currently executing significant Sterile, Pharmaceutical and Chem API projects.
- The Project Engineer will be a key member of the project management team on a 100MM capital project.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of project plans and successfully execute them according to established schedule, cost and performance standards.
- Work closely with EPCM to effectively & efficiently progress the clean utilities, black utilities & cleanroom design.
- Manage design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Track and report progress as required against project deliverables.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of capital projects
- Monitor progress of project milestones with all team members and provide status reports that all project stakeholders are informed and consulted on key project activities, progress and decisions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate electronic and paper documentation & filing systems to ensure that all project documents are filed during project execution and safely archived following project completion.
- Ensures that good Engineering practices are utilised and aligned with customer’s needs from requirements gathering, through design and execution.
- Manage project changes and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed.
- Manage the execution of Commissioning & Qualification documentation.
- Manage a change control procedure to the assigned scope
- Participate in EPCMv led HAZOP and design reviews as lead Representative, ensuring stakeholder inputs are coordinated and appropriate
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to lead project delivery efforts and to influence others, be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills and strategic and tactical thinking abilities.
- Have knowledge of Cleanroom/HVAC/E&I, equipment and utilities systems.
- Must have experience with SAP usage at a high level.
- Proven level of experience in delivering significant capital projects within the pharmaceutical sector.
- Must have as a minimum a 3rd level Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical or Mechanical
- Preferable to have a qualification in project management – PMP or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in project management of capital projects in a high tech industry, preferably in Pharm/Bio Pharm.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in projects.
- Demonstrated performance and managing multi-functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects from Design to Qualification.
- Ability to sequence critical activities in planning work for.
- Ability to coordinate activities to deliver projects to an aggressive schedule
- Knowledge of clean room installation an Advantage
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100