- To provide support to the onsite multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver CAPEX and OPEX projects.
- Typically, projects will involve API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) process and utility equipment.
- To manage engineering projects when and where required.
- To ensure continual compliance with the policies / procedures relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering, Safety and Finance.
- To support the engineering teams in controlling uptime of equipment and optimizing efficiencies.
- To support the engineering team throughout the project lifecycle – concept through to handover.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management and support of process / utility and facility projects.
- Assist with the preparation of capital expenditure requests.
- Walk down / As build / Red line P&IDs
- Expedite instrument and equipment delivery
- Develop and support the development of equipment specifications
- Support the engineering team during external and internal corporate audits.
- Ensure compliance with engineering procedures – change control / drawing management etc
- Issue management reports as requested and on time.
- Management of relevant budgets within target.
- Ensure safety standards are met and safe working practices adhered to (including adherence to COVID work practices)
- Implementation of equipment/process upgrade in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Support the engineering team in ensuring that manufacturing equipment is maintained to meet the required legal, national and corporate standards.
- Liaise with stakeholders as required.
- Ensure the effective management of appropriate internal and external resources.
- Implementation of all relevant policies relating to Personnel, Quality, Engineering & Safety.
- Supervise / Liaise with external contractors (mechanical / electrical and automation et al)
- Negotiate cost / quality effective external contracts.
- Prepare appropriate plans and implement timelines.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in Engineering (Chemical /Mechanical/ Process or other relevant discipline).
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience working in a GMP regulated environment (ideally Pharma/ Biotech).
- Minimum 3 years working on capital projects (equipment installations, facility upgrades, etc.).
- Familiar with change control systems and associated requirements.
- On-site experience in an API Manufacturing or similar environment (reactors, pumps, filter dryers, mills, gloveboxes) and/ or experience with utilities (steam, purified water, compressed air, thermal fluids, nitrogen, vacuum skids, valves, pipework etc.).
- Capable of taking a project and executing autonomously from start to finish, including contractor management, budget forecasting/control, etc.
- Familiar with commissioning / qualification and validation concepts and execution.
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver on set targets.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.