- Responsible for delivering various process/equipment upgrade projects from requirements to handover.
- Responsible for managing all EHS requirements through the full life cycle of the project
- Develop User Requirements for systems by engaging with the site operations, EHS, maintenance, utilities, technical and quality teams ensuring that the proposed solutions are acceptable.
- Undertake Design Reviews and Risk Assessments during design phase of the projects
- Understand the core fundamental issues and develop mitigation plans for all project issues identified.
- Contractor supervision is a requirement for this position.
- Participate in engineering team initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Ensure that the company’s quality and engineering standards are adhered to.
- Understand the company’s Global Engineering Standards and ensure that all proposals developed and projects are delivered to company’s standards.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Plans, executes and tracks the progress of the project through the design phases and ensures that the key deliverables as per the company’s PM standard are adhered to.
- Works on own initiative and highlights potential design issues with proposals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Awareness of EU Safety Directives and demonstrated use of same on projects.
- Knowledge of CE, ATEX and machinery directive and demonstrated use of same on projects.
- Ability to deal with contractor and equipment vendor queries in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years project management experience with a degree in Mechanical /Chemical / Process engineering.
- Experience of working with powder/liquid handling systems and bulk material storage/handling systems an advantage
- Knowledge of CIP and WIP systems an advantage
- Knowledge of Process Control / Automation Systems an advantage
- Knowledge of packaging line design and installation an advantage
- Knowledge of Process, Mechanical and Utility Systems
- Must have experience of working on projects within a GMP environment.
- Must have a good appreciation for designing systems within a GMP environment.
- Must have a thorough understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
- Must be able to provide solutions to moderately complex to semi-routine problems.
- Must have the ability to recognise deviations from accepted practice as required.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Strong verbal, technical writing, project management and interpersonal skills are required.
- Knowledge of SAP / MERPs an advantage.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100