Project Manager – Co. Cork
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our client’s facility in Co. Cork.
- Under the general direction of a program manager, is responsible for the leadership and directing of moderate complexity projects, which may require considerable resources.
- The successful candidate will have the responsibility for all aspects of the project from initiation to completion.
- Interfaces with all stakeholders affected by the project including end users.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of significant Engineering projects through PMO.
- Responsible for assembling a project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables.
- Responsible for project budget estimation, monitoring, and attainment throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Lead the identification, assessment, monitoring and closure of project risks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes to facilitate customer acceptance.
- Responsible to improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate the activities of 1 or more employees.
- Optimisation of current floor space.
- Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
- Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business-critical projects.
- Has minimum of 4 years’ demonstrated project management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to analyse and correct complex process and/or system issues of a broad scope using independent judgment.
- Ability to generate and explain detailed proposals, schedules, objectives, and other documentation accurately.
- Utilize proper software to maintain project records, such as a PPM system, MS Office, SharePoint, or Visio
- PMP certification or equivalent such as PRINCE2 is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication, influencing, collaborative teamwork and negotiation skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships with mid-level management
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to executives
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic, flexible and results motivated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision
- Confident and effective decision maker
To Apply: Quote – PE23010
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.