Capital Project Manager – Co. Cork
- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our client’s pharmaceutical facility in Co. Cork.
- As the Capital projects Project Manager, the successful candidate will lead the Co. Cork Site Master Plan execution for the client’s capacity expansion project.
- You’ll lead a group of projects to deliver in terms of execution to schedule, scope, and cost control to deliver the capacity into operation.
- The Project Manager will work as part of the Capital Projects team to deliver a suite of projects, preparation of new projects, provide support to coordinating the capital investment program with site strategy.
- You will work cross functionally within the site to develop relationships with SME’s, functional leaders, SLT, and others to ensure strategic support is in place for projects.
- The Project Manager will communicate effectively on site and off site the status of all projects and able to share updates on Safety, Schedule, Scope, and Cost.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- The site has an excellent safety record. This needs to be maintained during an expansion project.
- EHS: Ensure all current and future projects have a safety plan and will have an improving effect on site safety. All projects have required HSE operation plans with regard to PCSE etc.
- EHS & Quality: Ensure all projects have required evidence and documentation to meet compliance requirements.
- EHS & Quality: Ensure all projects meet energy, people flow, material flow, waste flow requirements.
- Breakthrough Strategy – Hosin Kanri:
- Lead major site capital investment project.
- Ensure major site capital projects are completed with respect to:
- Safety / Environmental
- Delivery / Capacity
- Cost / Efficiency
- Identify opportunities during various project stages eg Concept Design, Basic Design, Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning & Validation to make the site master plan improved.
- Support management of budget in individual capital projects and across overall budget.
- Identify resources that can support the execution of the projects.
- Improvement – Kaizen:
- Ensure process in place to handle all project documentation.
- Provide support to the project controls team member to ensure project execution to the contract.
- Ensure lean activities are reviewed and supported before capital investment.
- Implement global standards of project management across the site.
- Support project planning across the project streams.
- Develop relationship with operational leaders to understand their needs.
- Work with finance to manage the capital budget of the projects being managed.
- Develop relationships with key personnel in the PDx supply chain.
- Develop network of engineering companies in the region so as to know key players who can support the business.
- Develop network of key personnel in other pharmaceutical companies in the region.
- Work with existing project managers and develop their skills, both hard and soft, further
- Identify talent across the site who can support projects and gain experience from being on a project.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional degree level qualification or equivalent required
- Experience of managing teams or projects in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Dynamic decision maker, effective planner, and communicator with an excellent level of English
- Experience of leading large valued and scale projects.
- Experience in developing a strong working relationship with building teams and cross functional departments.
- Role model in project management skills, communication, and organisational management.
To Apply: Quote – PE23062
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.