- This position designs, develops and implements new products, processes, test methods and equipment.
- Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customer and support staff.
- Participates and/or leads cross-functional teams.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
- Writes, reviews and approves protocols, reports and data.
- Conducts testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Executes validation studies on equipment and processes.
- Conducts complaints investigations.
- Understands and follows company procedures on regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides input to training on department and division procedures, and policies.
- Prepares and submits for approval requests for project funding. Participates in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Plans and coordinates engineering test builds.
- Analyses problems in design, process and test development.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
- Develops and implements procedures to provide easy to follow instructions.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering plus a minimum of two years’ experience in the medical device or a Master’s degree in a technical field.
- Ability to make and present engineering decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written presentation skills.
- Basic engineering cost analysis.
- Basic tooling and design and drafting knowledge.
- Analyse and optimize existing process and ability to create new processes.
- Create, analyse and optimize manufacturing and quality systems.
- Basic product, design & prototyping.
- Understanding of Bioengineering principles and Material science.
- Basic Comparative statistics.
- Software application skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to create, review and coordinate test protocols and reports.
- Ability to generate engineering proposals.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Understanding of regulatory environment.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100