- This position designs, develops and implements new products, processes, test methods and equipment.
- This position is responsible for conducting engineering studies for process improvements and validations.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material Initiates new or revised documentation and tracks through appropriate approval cycles and implementation.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with internal and external customers and support staff.
- Participates and/or leads cross-functional teams.
- Provides technical support on components, material methods, systems and equipment.
- Develops physical and functional test requirements to ensure specifications and regulations are met.
- Writes and approves protocols, reports and analyse data.
- Oversees testing outlined in protocols and test methods.
- Coordinates/develops validation studies on equipment and processes.
- Conducts complaints investigations.
- Understands and follows company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in and provides input to training on department and division procedures, and policies.
- Prepares and submits for approval requests for project funding. Participates in project planning, budgeting, scheduling and tracking.
- Plans and coordinates engineering test builds.
- Analyse problems in design, process and test development. Recommends solutions.
- Prepares and presents oral and written project updates and technical discussions.
- Develops and implements procedures to provide easy-to-follow instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience within the medical device industry or a Master’s degree in engineering with a minimum of three years of engineering experience within the medical device or equivalent industry experience in the medical device or closely related industry or equivalent.
- Ability to make and present engineering decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Create and critique engineering cost analysis
- Basic tooling and design and drafting knowledge
- Analyze and optimize existing process and ability to create new processes
- Create, analyze and optimize manufacturing and quality systems
- Basic product, design & prototyping
- Material science
- Bioengineering principles
- Ability to train, create and critique training.
- Comparative statistics.
- Software application skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to create, review and coordinate test protocols and reports.
- Ability to generate engineering proposals.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Understanding of regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute project plans.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100