- Provide and/or improve asset/capacity reliability through technical support of the maintenance function.
- Optimization of the Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Process.
- Responsible for the correction of equipment problems causing repetitive failures through the analysis of Equipment History and application of technical skills.
- Provide expert advice on improving equipment reliability and will act in a consultative fashion to assisting with equipment repeat issues.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems.
- Identifies and corrects chronic, repetitive and costly equipment problems.
- Analysis of Equipment History to assure effectiveness of all maintenance efforts.
- Drives Preventative Maintenance program such as vibration, thermography and other predictive analyses and interpretation of results
- Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
- Looks outside of the site to engage with other sites and industries to improve equipment reliability by implementing solutions.
- Remains abreast of and applies advancing maintenance technology as applicable.
- Coordinates with planner/scheduler to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due, and that resultant corrective work is promptly performed.
- Engages with craft teams to understand root causes of repeated equipment failures.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive/predictive maintenance process in pursuit of optimization and minimal failure rate.
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Ensure all equipment required for annual statutory inspections/certification is included within the site asset register.
- Review equipment reports from statutory inspections and take ownership for implementing corrective actions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification (Engineering, Technical).
- Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles is an advantage.
- 3+ years working in a similar role.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
- Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
- Solid engineering acumen.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
- Solid business acumen.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178