Safety Specialist – Co. Cork
- Our client is looking for a Safety Specialist to support the vaccine processes at their busy pharmaceutical facility in Co. Cork.
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the EHS Lead.
- The Safety Specialist will be a key member of the site EHS team providing support, guidance and expertise to their assigned area.
- The purpose of the role is to implement, audit and advise on the company’s EHS policy to ensure the safe operation of the vaccines plant and the health and safety of its employees.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes culture of EHS excellence in Vaccines and provides high-quality safety leadership to assigned operations.
- Addresses risk prevention opportunities
- Conducts assessments, tracking and directing follow-up activities to correct any non-conformity.
- Creates and maintains databases & records containing pertinent EHS metrics and data.
- Liaise with the assigned area to ensure compliance with EHS Standards and EHS legislative requirements. Provide guidance on these standards where required
- Assess changes which have an EHS impact.
- Engage in walkdowns and reviews to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Assist in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder EHS requests and recommendations.
- Provide technical support and advice on new processes and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification.
- 5+ years EHS experience in an operational environment
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record to influence others.
- Will have strong knowledge of safety programs.
- Convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
To Apply: Quote – PE23059
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.