- Provide process engineering input & leadership across all areas of the site operations.
- Identify and implement operational improvement initiatives e.g. to improve Yield, OEE, DPMO reduction etc.
- Assist in CAPEX generation & AOP analysis/support.
- Assist in execution of Capital Projects.
- Leverage best practices from company divisions as well as from other industries to deliver world class performance in plant and equipment design, project implementation etc.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement sustainable engineering practices and programs ensuring sustainability in plant design and operation.
- Act as a key interface between Operations, Engineering & Maintenance teams and to ensure seamless handover of projects to plant operations.
- Provide subject matter expertise in equipment selection, process design, commissioning and validation.
- Provide technical support for miscellaneous processing/quality issues to Operations & Quality team.
- Identify and deliver strategy for the site in conjunction with Operations/Engineering Manager.
- Participate in and /or lead LSS/productivity initiatives.
- Facilitate the introduction of lean manufacturing principles to the operation
- Act as a key interface with the Global R&D, Engineering, Quality & EHS teams
- Communicate best practices to other parts of the business as appropriate.
- Assist in improving process capability across all processes across the site.
- Generate training documentation as required and deliver on site training.
- Develop and update SOPs as required.
- Management, reporting and taking corrective action on agreed KPIs as required.
- Assist in providing a safe place of work, investigate incidents and accidents and apply appropriate corrective actions.
- Participate and lead change management initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or other equivalent engineering experience).
- Several years process industry experience in engineering with additional operations or maintenance exposure and extensive capital project management experience.
- Excellent technical skills.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- Experience in process simulations.
- Working knowledge of process engineering software packages.
- CAD or AutoCad skills.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Design, Procurement and Installation.
- Construction, Commissioning and Validation.
- Environmental, health and safety management.
- Contractor and Construction Management.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.