- A vacancy exists within our client’s Global Engineering Solutions (GES) group for a Senior Project Engineer supporting GES capital projects in Co. Tipperary, Ireland.
- Reporting to the Global Engineering Solutions Project Manager based at the Co. Tipperary Site.
- This will be a key role in the GES organization which is currently executing significant Sterile, Pharmaceutical and Chem API projects.
- The Project Engineer will be a key member of the project management team on a 60MM capital project.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of project plans and successfully execute them according to established schedule, cost and performance standards.
- Work closely with EPCM to effectively & efficiently progress the facility and utility design
- Manage design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, the client’s internal personnel, outside contractors and suppliers.
- Track and report progress as required against project deliverables.
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the execution of capital projects
- Monitor progress of project milestones with all team members and provide status reports. that all project stakeholders are informed and consulted on key project activities, progress and decisions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate electronic and paper documentation & filing systems to ensure that all project documents are filed during project execution and safely archived following project completion.
- Ensures that good Engineering practices are utilised and aligned with customer’s needs from requirements gathering, through design and execution.
- Manage project changes and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed.
- Manage the execution of Commissioning & Qualification documentation.
- Manage a change control procedure to the assigned scope
- Participate in EPCMv led HAZOP and design reviews as lead GES Representative, ensuring our client’s stakeholder inputs are coordinated and appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have as a minimum a 3rd level Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical
- Preferable to have a qualification in project management – PMP or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in project management of capital projects in a high-tech industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Familiar with engineering project management tools, financial management skills including an ability to work within budgets, and engineering technical skills.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working in strongly regulated GMP environment
- Knowledge of clean room installation an Advantage
- Previous experience in an API setting an advantage
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.