- Supporting capital projects in a high performing, team-based organisation.
- The ideal candidate will have previous significant experience at a senior level within a >€100MM Project.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record to lead project delivery efforts and to influence others, be a convincing communicator with strong interpersonal skills and strategic and tactical thinking abilities.
- Have knowledge of bio-pharma Cleanroom/HVAC/E&I, equipment and utilities systems.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure there is a strong safety culture and performance in the field execution of project deliverables and that appropriate stage gate controls are in place for all works, coaches project team in relation to safety, is involved in any investigations (near miss etc).
- Works closely with CM from EPCM to develop construction team and to build a high performing team.
- Attends field walk downs as client CM Representative to ensure that appropriate standards are being met with installations.
- Drive initiatives such as Quality Audit Metrics, Right First Time, Modular Construction approach.
- Completes early walk-downs on systems and works with overall construction team to resolve punch lists based on priorities.
- Drives systems to ensure efficient decision making within the CMT and Client Team.
- For construction acts as an interface with site stakeholders to address and resolve any issues in the interfaces with site and also with any external to site stakeholders.
- Attends and provides inputs to Interactive Pull Planning Workshops with appointed contractors and other stakeholders to plan out construction and energisation activities in a schedule critical project.
- Identifies any constraints and works to remove these and other barriers to achieving overall aims.
- Ensure that Lean Construction Tools and Methodologies are being implemented in the field (Last Planner & Pull Plan Scheduling, Target Value Design and Construction, Integrated Project Safety Team Structure, Right First Time approach).
- Experience with Takt Time Planning for Construction / Commissioning would be advantageous.
- Ensures that EPCM has appropriate stage gate approach in place to ensure rigour in allowing systems pass from Testing to Construction Completion to Energisation to Commissioning.
- Ensure Project Quality Standards are implemented and that documentation requirements met.
- Coordinate the project construction programme, incorporating: Enabling CSA works, Main CSA Works, cleanroom, Clean & Black Utilities generation/ Distribution, Process Equipment Installation, office and warehouse fit out.
- Attends daily tier meetings / weekly co-ordination meetings regarding construction.
- Reviews and approves any site field instructions and manages commercial contract variations with EPCM, acts as a delegate for the Project Manager.
- Completes regular walkthrough of site for safety and checks on progress etc.
- Ensures that the EPCM team manages changes in construction and ensure all are captured, documented and assessed for Quality / Safety / Cost or schedule impacts.
- Ensure that the EPCM manages the design, construction, commissioning and qualification, schedule and cost in collaboration with other project team members, personnel, outside contractors and vendors.
- Ensures that the EPCM organisation report construction progress as required against project deliverables.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Third level degree in an engineering discipline and/or a PMP in Project Management.
- Proven level of experience in delivering significant capital projects within the pharmaceutical sector > €100MM.
- Hands on attitude and demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to sequence critical activities in planning work for construction phase.
- Knowledge of clean room installation essential.
- A minimum of 10 years+ of relevant experience in capital projects preferably in Pharm/Bio Pharm.
- Understands the typical project life cycle from concept through to qualification and has proven experience in this area.
- Proven knowledge, appreciation and experience of working with Lean Construction Tools and Methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in projects.
- Excellent communication /presentation skills.
- Superior organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated achievements within multi-functional teams.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178