- Our client is looking for a Site Lead for their Energy & Carbon Reduction Program based at their pharmaceutical facility in Co. Waterford.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with the wider multi-disciplinary team to identify key areas for improvement within the realm of energy and carbon reduction across the site.
- This is initially a 12-month contract role, however there is potential for the contract to be extended beyond this time-frame.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, executes, and tracks the progress of the project through the design phases and ensures that the key deliverables as per the site Project Management Framework are adhered to.
- Determine what is achievable and where there are areas of improvement.
- Benchmark with other companies/technologies that are reducing carbon footprint and make recommendations on what should be added to the site program.
- Work closely with the capital projects team to scope out identified projects.
- Present progress to site and above site stakeholders on progress.
- Promote energy conservation and be an ambassador for the program across client sites.
- Works on own initiative and highlights potential design issues with proposals.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- The successful candidate will not be responsible for delivering the projects but will be a key member of the team. Projects will be delivered by the capital projects team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Honours degree in sustainable, mechanical, manufacturing, chemical, civil, structural or electrical engineering.
- Recognized qualification in Project Management.
- 5+ years project engineering / management experience with a degree level education in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Process, Manufacturing Technology).
- Must have a good appreciation for designing systems within a GMP environment.
- Must have a thorough understanding and application of engineering principles, concepts, industry practices and standards.
- Must be able to provide solutions to moderately complex to semi-routine problems.
- Must have the ability to recognise deviations from accepted practice as required.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Strong verbal, technical writing, project management and interpersonal skills are required.
To Apply: Quote – PE22063
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
GC North Valley Business Centre, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland.
+353 21 2066178
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.