Sterilisation Process Engineer Manager – Co. Kilkenny
- A fantastic vacancy has arisen for a Sterilisation Process Engineer Manager to join our client’s new facility in Co. Kilkenny.
- In this role you will be in charge of providing technical support specific to terminal sterilisation activities to facilitate efficient operations, to optimise existing processes, and to ensure that production, quality and regulatory compliance goals are met.
- The successful candidate will also interface with research and development and/or new product development to integrate new products or processes into the existing sterilisation processes.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and complete technical activities leading to new or improved sterilization processes to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Prepare reports and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Incorporate business policies and procedures into task completion.
- Understand the business needs of the company and have a thorough knowledge of the customer and clinical needs of our business.
- Understand the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Understand the regulatory requirements pertaining to the job and ensures sterilization processes meet them.
- Cultivate internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees.
- Possibly lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentoring employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interact cross functionally with internal and external customers in particular developing good relations with contract sterilization facilities.
- Ensure there is sufficient backup capacity in place for sterilization processes.
- Provide technical support for facilities maintenance technicians
- Review and investigate possible sterilization non-conformances
- Coordinate microbiology activities
- Provide technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures. Have general understanding of business unit/group function. You have to perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- Exercise authority and judgement within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
Education & Qualifications Required:
- 3rd Level Degree in a relevant discipline.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in sterilization technologies electron beam sterilization is preferred.
- Experience in sterilization and associated equipment supporting validation, audit, compliance and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of ISO11137, ISO/ASTM 52628
- Knowledge of PLC
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercising judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. You must have a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
- Experience in developing projects or sites from square one would be big advantage.
To Apply: Quote – PE23064
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, R95 F727, Ireland.
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.