- A new opportunity has arisen for a Utilities Engineer at our client’s busy pharmaceutical site in Co. Carlow.
- Utilities Engineer/SME will be responsible for the following systems (non-exhaustive): Plant Steam, Chilled Water, Domestic Hot Water, HVAC, Cleanroom, Refrigeration (2-8degC), Cooling Towers, Low Pressure Hot Water, Sprinkler, Natural Gas.
- The successful candidate will provide technical expertise to maintenance and manage the operation of the utilities equipment.
- The Utilities Engineer reports to the Associate Director, Facilities & Utilities.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve issues and escalate risks in a timely fashion to the relevant on-site stakeholders.
- Drive effective writing/revising/ rolling out of accurate operational procedures, training materials and maintenance procedures for various systems; ensure all work is subsequently carried out in line with same.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by deploying Six Sigma tools
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification or equivalent (Science, Engineering, Technical).
- Experience in manufacturing utilizing support utilities such as chillers, CTUs and boilers.
- Evidence of continuous professional development is desirable.
- At least 5yrs Experience with utilities equipment
- Demonstrated site operations and project experience.
- A strong career history in pharma (ideally working with support utilities) and familiarity with a highly regulated environment.
- Positive, flexible action-oriented attitude.
- SME (subject matter expert) in support utility systems
- Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
- Report, standards, policy writing skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required
- Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience advantageous
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us:
14 Danville Business Park, Kilkenny, Ireland
+353 56 77 90100
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.