- A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join our client’s busy pharmaceutical facility in Co. Cork.
- The Day Process Engineer is the Equipment SME for the process equipment within the Vaccine IPT(s).
- The Process Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support to the Vaccine IPT(s) in relation to the process equipment. This includes trouble shooting, investigating and documenting process equipment issues that may have arisen on shift.
- The Day Process engineer will own all Quality and Safety investigations handed over from the shift. They will also own any resulting CAPAs relating to process equipment.
- They will identify and assist in the implementation of equipment process improvements and optimization opportunities.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process optimization: continually evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes to enhance efficiency, reduce waste, and minimize costs. Analyze data, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and identify areas for improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving: Play a critical role in identifying and resolving issues in manufacturing processes. Analyze data, conduct root cause analysis, and develop and implement solutions to improve process performance and resolve bottlenecks.
- Process documentation: Responsible for creating and maintaining maintenance plans on SAP, and engineering standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions, and process flow diagrams.
- Continuous improvement: actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives and lean manufacturing practices. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements, such as implementing automation, reducing cycle times, and enhancing product quality.
- Quality control: work closely with quality teams to ensure that manufacturing processes comply with quality standards and regulations. QN and CAPA owner. Conduct audits with the quality team to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Project management: Lead or participate in projects related to process improvement, new product introduction, cost reduction, or capacity expansion. Coordinate project activities, set timelines, allocate resources, and ensure successful project implementation.
- EHS: Works closely with the EHS teams to ensure EHS compliance. Completes EHS investigation, CAPA owner and is Standard Owner for SN25 Hot Work.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, cost reductions, and energy efficiency enhancements related to mechanical systems and equipment.
- Develop an effective, focused, and strong team by understanding: their abilities and unique contribution. Provide your team with the tools and development opportunities to make them successful.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or 3rd level qualification (Science, Engineering). Masters preferred.
- Desirable project management qualification such as Project Management Professional etc.
- Desirable evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- Preference Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical and/or chemical manufacturing operation (e.g. manufacturing, quality, engineering, etc.).
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical industry or a similar operating environment which includes significant leadership roles with experience in a front-line supervisory role in an operations environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
- Proven track record of delivering high performance against a balanced scorecard through development and coaching of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to fully realize change and improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability in holding team members accountable for results and managing performance.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviours.
- Experience of moulding a culture to one of inclusion and continuous development for all employees.
- Stakeholder management of multiple decision makers, corporate colleagues, cross-functional team by demonstrating the ability to maintain and strengthen trust relationships with people on all levels.
- Process and technology background: the successful candidate will fully understand how to drive process optimisation.
Please note, we do not require agency assistance with this role.